Movie buffs and film enthusiasts often offer varied opinions on how one can maximize their home theater sets that will result in an optimal viewing experience. Some use different hacks and tricks when it comes to the set-up, while others would purchase a complete home theater set with accompanying receivers, like the Bose Acoustimass 6 Series V Home Theater Yamaha bundle.
Most of the time, bundles would come with gadgets and devices that can be purchased on its own but are better if partnered with the right complementary device, like a home theater system and the AV receiver. Of course, these two should also be compatible with the video receiver, more commonly known as the television.
What does a Yamaha AV Receiver do?
The audio-visual receiver is the main processing hub of any home theater and not just the home surround sound speaker system. The AV receiver is the component of your entertainment system that reads and controls the signals coming from both audio and video sources and relays them to your output, which would be your television and your home theater speaker set.
Here are some of the things that it does for you:
- Radio Receiver
Most AV receivers also have a radio tuner which lets you receive satellite radio broadcasts, as well as other satellite-exclusive content, which would often have additional charges.
- Sound Format Decoder
One of the main purposes of an AV receiver is to decode sound formats and categorize them between analog and digital surround sound.
An AV receiver amplifies an audio signal that is fed into it and relays them into the five or more channels of amplification to boost the audio signal into your home theater speaker set.
- Audio Switch
As defined earlier, the AV receiver controls the audio signal coming in from audio sources. It also lets you switch from one source to another by pressing a button.
- Video Switch
The AV receiver also lets you choose the video source that you want to play on the big screen using the remote.
- User Interface
Most AV receivers also act as the UI for the home theater system and can be accessed via the remote control and displayed on the TV.
What does a Bose Home Theater System do?
The home theater system, in this case, is the set of surround sound speakers that are commonly placed around the room to serve as the broadcast source for the audio signals coming in from the AV receiver, and indirectly the main audio or video source.
Most home theater speaker system layouts come with 5.1 channels, which means that the speaker system uses five full-bandwidth channels and one channel for low-frequency effects. This kind of set-up is commonly associated with Dolby Digital, THX, DTS and the likes.
The Bose Acoustimass 6 Series V Home Theater comes with the following components:
- Front Speakers
-The front, left and center speakers broadcast the speech components of the audio signals, as well as the music and sound effects for soundtracks, etc. These speakers can reproduce a wide range of frequencies from shallow bass to high and crisp undertones.
- Rear Speakers
These two speakers provide signal redundancy as they reproduce what the front speakers produce. The sounds from these speakers provide a more surround experience as you can feel the vibrations coming from all directions.
This usually is the largest speaker cabinet and for good reason. Subwoofers reproduce a shallow bass sound and, together with the rest of the speakers, can improve the overall listening experience.
Why Choose the Bose Acoustimass 6 Series V Home Theater Yamaha Bundle?
The proven high-performance audio drive of the Bose Acoustimass is a great complement to any Yamaha AV Receiver that can decode sound formats and amplify audio signals with high quality.
Features of the Acoustimass 6 Series V Home Theater
• Surround Sound for Larger Areas
• Redesigned Slimmer Look
• Near Invisible Surround Speakers
• Easy to Set-up and Install
• Large Subwoofer
• Bose Acoustimass Module
Features of the Yamaha AV Receiver
• 5.1 Channel Surround Sound
• Discrete Amp Configuration
• HD Audio Format Decoding
• High Dynamic Power, Low-Impedance Drive
• Optimized Sound Imaging
• 192 kHz/24-bit Burr-Brown DACs
Bose Acoustimass 6 Series V Home Theater Yamaha Bundle: Maximizing the Bundle
Owning both the Bose Acoustimass system and a Yamaha AV receiver means that you are in for a treat, with the excellent quality sound being delivered by highly performing equipment. But setting up should not stop at just plugging everything in and pressing play. Here are some tips and tricks that will help you maximize your listening experience.
1. Proper Speaker Placement
- The ideal speaker system setup involves placing the front speakers front, left and center while maintaining an equal distance from each other with the front and left at an angle that is directly pointed towards the sweet audio spot.
- The rear speakers, left and right, should be at a perpendicular angle from the sweet spot, but it can also be placed further back as long as it does not go closer than the sweet spot if measured from the front speakers.
- The subwoofer can be placed anywhere since its low bass sound can register to the ear no matter where you place it but for the best experience, do not place it on the corners or inside enclosed spots.
2. Tune Your Subwoofer Volume and Crossover
- Set the Crossover to your speakers’ lowest frequency, so if you’re subwoofer can’t go below 70 Hz, set the crossover to 70.
- Adjust the gain upwards by turning the subwoofer volume until you are not able to hear anymore and then adjust the gain so the fills would be noticeable.
3. Find the Right Speaker Volume
- Sit down on the sweet spot and play a sample tune.
- Adjust the master volume to the regular frequency that you’re used to.
- Turn your AV receiver and play the tune through each of the speakers.
- Ideally, each speaker in the set should have the same volume.
- Tweak the controls until you get the tune that you want.
The Yamaha AV receiver is well known for its versatility and performance, while the Bose Surround Speaker System is capable of delivering clear and crisp sounds that, in addition to a great TV set, provides you a sublime experience into the world of audiovisual entertainment.